Re: PROV-ISSUE-56 (derivation-definition-does-not-imply-transitivity): Derivation as defined is not transitive [Conceptual Model]

In view of other responses to this question, and further thinking about
use-cases, I'm shifting my position on this particular issue.  I see there *is*
value in derivation being transitive.

The particular use-case I'm thinking about, which is derived from a real
requirement in genetic factors and epidemiology, is this:  what do we need to
know provenance-wise in order to repeat an analysis and get the same answer?
Roughly, I think the answer is "same inputs, same processes".  And I think that
to determine if the same data is available, a transitive closure of the inverse
of derivation of the result is needed.  (Questions remain about the completeness
of available information, but that's a separate issue.)