RE: specializationOf and inference

> In Prov, prov:Entities stand for aspects/views of things, not the things themselves.

Is that always the case, or only when there are alternateOf of specializationOf relationships involved?
In prov-o the definition of Entity is

"An entity is a physical, digital, conceptual, or other kind of thing with some fixed aspects; entities may be real or imaginary."

This appears to say that Entity can be the thing itself.

Simon Cox