Re: hadMember and wasInfluencedBy

James,

for the procedural part: if the group agrees that there is a bug in the spec, it should be recorded in the official errata document:

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/errata.html

that is all that can be done at this point. If enough errata justify it then, at some point, a short lived WG may be created to issue a revised version of the Recs, but that is of course not at this moment.

Thanks

Ivan

On 22 Jul 2014, at 19:39 , James Cheney <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just working on something involving PROV-O and noticed that the ontology makes hadMember a subproperty of wasInfluencedBy.  However, the constraints and semantics do not include this constraint/inference (see Inference 15 http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-constraints/#influence-inference).
>
> I can't find any email or issues regarding this.  Was taking hadMember to be a subproperty of influence an intentional decision at some point (that I missed in writing the constraints)?
>
> I think it may affect validity.  If hadMember is an influence then it cannot be part of a strict cycle of influences (i.e. one that includes a derivation step).
>
> If so, is this something that needs to be fixed at some point (and is there a way to make a note of this for future reference)?
>
> --James
> --

----
Ivan Herman, W3C