Re: DCAT & Provenance

Hi, Fadi.

Referring to your original email, I would like to note that, actually,
INSPIRE metadata include a free-text description of provenance (more
precisely, lineage) for datasets (not for distributions or catalogue
records). This can be seen in the metadata records currently available
through the INSPIRE Geoportal [1].

In similar cases, dct:provenance may do the job. It can always be mapped,
if need be, to PROV.

BTW, INSPIRE metadata include also provenance information about metadata
records (more precisely, metadata language, metadata point of contact, and
metadata date). It is unclear to me whether dcat:CatalogRecord can be used
for this.

Thanks!

Andrea

----
[1]http://inspire-geoportal.ec.europa.eu/discovery/

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

DE+RD Unit: http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/DE

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.