From: Tom De Nies
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 2:58 AM
To: Carl Reed
Cc: public-prov-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Modeling Uncertainty in PROV - presented at WWW2013

Hi Carl,

thanks for the useful information!

COBWEB looks like an extremely interesting project, where there is a clear need for trustworthiness assessment of the data that is gathered.

I hadn't heard of UnCertML. For my use cases, at first glance it's seems to be a bit overkill since there's less statistics involved, but I'll definitely keep it in mind should more complex scenarios present themselves. In any case, it would definitely be interesting to see how it could be combined with PROV.

Regards,
Tom

Tom De Nies
Researcher Semantic Web
Ghent University - iMinds
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab
Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201, B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent, Belgium

t: +32 9 331 49 59
e: tom.denies@ugent.be