The wasQuotedFrom relationship

From: Morris, Chuck E (IS) <chuck.morris@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:55:31 +0000
To: "public-prov-comments@w3.org" <public-prov-comments@w3.org>
I just looked over the provenance primer.  One thing I noticed is that the wasQuotedFrom relationship is very confusing semantically.  Take the example in the primer where Betty posts a blog entry with a quote from the newspaper article.  The provenance is expressed as (ex:blogEntry prov:wasQuotedFrom ex:article .) But that seems to imply that the blog entry was quoted by the newspaper article instead of the other way around.  I suggest that a better name for the relationship would be prov:hadQuotationFrom.

Chuck Morris