comments on PROV-DM

From: Reza Samavi <reza.samavi@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:43:47 -0400
To: public-prov-comments@w3.org, Mariano Consens <consens@mie.utoronto.ca>
Dear Provenance Working Group,

I think at least 2 constraints are missing in the following document:

http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-constraints/#constraints

One can express an activity (a) start-time using:

a prov:startedAtTime t1;

The same activity (a) start-time can be expressed by:

a prov:qualifiedStart [ a prov:Start prov:atTime t2].

I think these two sentences are equal in PROV-DM. If my interpretation
is correct, then there should be a constraint saying for the same a,
t1=t2.  Then a similar constraint is required for activity end-time.

I'm not sure if the objective of constraint 29 and 30 was to cover the
above mentioned constraints.

Thanks,
Reza

Reza Samavi,

PhD Candidate,

University of Toronto

Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering

8140 -- Bahen Center for Information Technology

40 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2E4, CANADA

Tel. (416) 946-0110