Re: Yet another DNT Act

On Montag, 20. Mai 2019 18:17:41 CEST Craig Spiezle wrote:
> Thanks for forwarding.  I am hopeful one of these efforts gains traction
> and bi-partisan support.  On a related note I find it somewhat ironic
> that IAB now states it is in support of providing users more control
> over tracking.
> https://www.smartbrief.com/s/2019/05/iab-supports-regulation-ad-trackin
> g-technology
>
> I guess the devil is in the details

If I could bet, I would bet that they do what they have done in the DNT
game. Namely saying that "not tracking" means not showing targeted ads to
the user while still collecting all the data. As Mike pointed out, the IAB
tools have some consent functionality already, so some legal confirmation
just furthers their business with their tool.
But I don't think it will go as far as DNT that can be used with GDPR. One
of the reasons why IAB moved out was that the Tracking protection Group
wasn't really keen to allow those nice semantic re-definitions (if you
permit the sarcasm).

If one calls that "detail", you may be right.

 --Rigo