Re: Big PING Ideas

> On 11 Apr 2019, at 4:36 am, Pete Snyder <psnyder@brave.com> wrote:
>
> 4) Add idea of feature policy for scripts, define default restrictive feature policy for scripts, make this the default for sites taking advantage of Y new nice feature (HTTP3 / QUIC, etc.)

I think you're going to see significant pushback from the community if you gate adoption of backwards-compatible protocols on things like this.

Typically, the protocol version in use is determined by operations folks, not the Web developer, and is often part of configuration of a third party (e.g., web hoster, CDN) that might not be under their full control. Making features unavailable based upon the underlying protocol is likely to cause a fair amount of chaos for them.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/