RE: Seeking feedback on "user consent" text in Web Payments Working Group specification

> On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 05:38:19, Lukasz Olejnik (W3C) wrote:
> The UA MUST inform about the past and current uses of the API "

That seems unnecessary. When someone is trying to checkout in an online
store, they don't expect to see all the times other web sites might
have called the API.

The question at hand here is the degree to which user consent can
be defined in a technical specification where UX is out of scope.
We have lots of experience in other working groups of trying to
specify this and given the different legal and regulatory
environments around the world, I posit that we should not be
trying to specify such policy in this kind of document. It is
sufficient to be clear that UAs will not release information
in the absence of consent, whatever form that takes.