Re: ad-blocker detection scripts

So, is this essentially arguing that the EU will require affirmative,
opt-in consent for running any dynamic content? That doesn't seem wise.

It strike me that not all ad-blocker detection need to be done via
scripting. E.g., the traditional web-beacon model of crafting the page with
a personalized image URL and detecting if that asset was loaded could be a
method to detect blocking of certain domains without accessing any
persistent state in the UA.

Although maybe I'm misunderstanding this? best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Chief Technologist, Center for Democracy & Technology [https://www.cdt.org]