Re: UK’s upper House urges privacy kitemark for online platforms | TechCrunch

Am 25.04.16 um 23:05 schrieb Joseph Lorenzo Hall:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Peter Schoo <peter.schoo@gmx.de> wrote:
>> >From what I've observed remotely, how the EuroPrise certification has
>> developed and evolved, it has been initiated and driven by folk that
>> were also involved in and learned from P3P and associated European
>> projects ... they learned ... and improved privacy validations, I'd say.
>>
>> The basic processes are defined and what privacy actually means in the
>> individual certification cases needs then to be fixed by two persons.
>> One with technical background, one with legal background. All based on
>> EU regulations, documented. Downside: time and money.
>>
>> It's not a fast process. Nevertheless a number of larger companies go
>> this way, especially for the European market.
>>
>> NB: I'm not having shares in EuroPrise. Just my observations
>
> I do wonder about the 2011 date on their criteria document... not that
> I reviewed that document in detail (it's big!) but just that a lot has
> changed in five years. best, Joe

Absolutely correct. It says further "The EuroPriSe Criteria document is
regularly updated. In particular, it is adapted to changes in EU privacy
legislation as well as to developments in information technology." [1]
The criteria build on EU Directive 95/46/EC that is for EU member states
in power; two years left to implement the new EU GDPR in the European
countries [2], i.e. all legally in line.

[1]
https://www.european-privacy-seal.eu/AppFile/GetFile/fbf67353-7495-4417-95a7-a16748b0f313

[2] http://www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-timeline.html

--