RE: PING - areas where contributions are needed

Hi Lukasz,

In 4.1 the other party has to be a “service provider”, i.e. a party who is contracted never to use collected personal data on its own behalf (unless it is “permanently de-identified”). It is very close in concept to the Data Processor in EU DP law. It is simply acting on behalf of the DNT receiving party i.e. similar to an agent acting “in their shoes”.

>From the definition:

For the data received in a given network interaction, a service provider is considered to be the same party as its contractee if the service provider:

1. processes the data on behalf of the contractee;
2. ensures that the data is only retained, accessed, and used as directed by the contractee;
3. has no independent right to use the data other than in a  <http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-tracking-compliance-20150714/#dfn-permanently-de-identified> permanently de-identified form (e.g., for monitoring service integrity, load balancing, capacity planning, or billing); and,
4. has a contract in place with the contractee which is consistent with the above limitations.

So I think it is OK.

Thanks for giving your input!

Mike