TAG finding - Unsanctioned Web Tracking

From: Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:37:01 +0000
Colleagues,

The W3C TAG recently issued a finding on Unsanctioned Web Tracking

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/unsanctioned-tracking/

More detailed guidance from PING on browser fingerprinting would be a useful complement (or follow-up) document.

We have a reasonably well-developed draft here (thanks to Nick):

https://w3c.github.io/fingerprinting-guidance/

But, it would be good to move this work forward towards a PING Group Note.

Ask: Therefore, please take the time to review the draft and share your feedback by our next call (13 August 2015).

We’ll add this item to the agenda.

Christine and Tara