Re: On the european response to Snowden

David:

Governments work on principles at OECD and in such dialogs as the High
Level Group all the time.  The question is whether principles are
sufficient at this point to establish the needed foundation for progress
on these issues.  Principles are in many cases the best approach as they
provide the flexibility of application that allows for technology and
other developments that make detailed regulations obsolete in short order.

Joe