Re: Super Cookies in Privacy Browsing mode

> On Jan 22, 2015, at 16:09 , Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> * Rigo Wenning wrote:
>> By giving Google a different identity when shopping gifts. This is done using
>> another login/cookie/ID. Ok, they theortically can correlate you via the IP
>> address, but doing so would be clearly abusive.
>
> It seems reasonable to assume they would do that for fraud detection, to
> help users merge and link accounts not meant to be fully separate and so
> on.

As I say, the ‘persona’ proposal does NOT ask the sites to ignore or not know that it’s you;  it asks the sites to keep the records well enough segregated that the personae don’t affect each other in a visible way.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.