Canvas fingerprinting

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:42:38 +0200
To: public-privacy@w3.org
https://securehomes.esat.kuleuven.be/~gacar/persistent/index.html

There was a lot of discussion around canvas and whether it was the right
choice. It may also be the right choice for browser to give users the
option to turn all those nice new features off if they do not want to be
spied upon. To what extend do browsers trust the origin? I think we are
in a field with lots of shades of gray.

Otherwise we are left surfing the Web with Amaya if we want privacy.
Amaya knows no cookies, no javascript, no canvas. This can turn into an
advantage..

 --Rigo