Re: SPA Document Posted On GitHub

Very good work, Frank! This is a superb first draft.

I can't make the PING Call time due to another commitment (it would be
great to schedule the following call at the end of each meeting, even
without an agenda, simply so I have it in my calendar).

Some (mostly high-level) comments on the draft:

* errant angle bracket: The text of the PING email link at the very
beginning should be "public-privacy@w3.org" and not "public-privacy@w3.org>"

* Am I right in thinking that the second if/then in the flowchart in
Section 2 which says, "Will std or spec generate data?" is a bit broad?
Is any generation of data really a trigger for privacy review? Do we
want to have such a hair trigger? I can imagine maybe the rationale for
a hair trigger is, "Well, if it's innocuous data generation, you won't
have much of the SPA to do." I guess I wonder if that piece can't be
fine-tuned a bit more. Maybe "Will std or spec generate personal data?"

* Do we really need to acronymize specification under review (SUR)?
Can't we just s/SUR/spec/g ?

* s/individual&hypen;s/individual's/

* step 5: Are there good pointers to threat analysis/modeling materials
that someone conducting a SPA can use to give them an idea or recipe on
how to do that?

best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall