app: URI - Request for review of privacy aspects

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:12:53 +0100
Hi,
The Systems Application Working Group would appreciate if PING could review the Privacy and Security considerations section of the app:// URI specification (or the spec in general - it's a very small spec, promise!):

http://app-uri.sysapps.org/#privacy

This URI scheme is currently in use in Firefox OS for "packaged applications". I'd also like to note that similar URI schemes are used by Microsoft (Windows 8), Google (in Chrome), and currently by Opera's extension platform (widget://). We are trying to unify these[*] by hopefully addressing some of the privacy issues.

Any comments or feedback you might have would be greatly appreciate.