Re: Social Network used for posting photos of teens

The practical issue with ad hoc, local networks is that they can only grow organically; there's no panoptical third party who can make 'recommendations' and introductions, so all connections have to be made peer to peer. It is much closer to the way social networks grow in real life… which is partly why the centralised model for online social networking has made such an impact: it allows networks to grow much faster and much further afield…

Robin Wilton
Technical Outreach Director - Identity and Privacy
Internet Society

email: wilton@isoc.org
Phone: +44 705 005 2931
Twitter: @futureidentity