RE: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

The question of greater complexity is what if I take a picture of my friend and you are in the background, perhaps even doing something you would not wish to be captured?  That is more permanent, but that is the risk of being in a public place... More of those nuances :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karld@opera.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:33 PM
To: David Singer
Subject: Re: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

Le 14 déc. 2012 à 04:11, David Singer a écrit :
> OK, but.if I saw you in the pharmacy yesterday, surely I have the 'right' to 'remember' my own observations, no?

yes and it's fine, because

* it's only the few people around who have seen me
* it's likely you will forget me
* it's likely that you don't know who I am
* it's likely that you will not sell to someone else my personal information or at least at any scale which is critical
* it's likely that you will share it with only a few people in a way which will not be identical to your experience.

All these *little* nuances have very strong consequences for the social glue.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software