Re: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:32:50 +0900
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>

Le 14 déc. 2012 à 04:11, David Singer a écrit :
> OK, but…if I saw you in the pharmacy yesterday, surely I have the 'right' to 'remember' my own observations, no?

yes and it's fine, because

* it's only the few people around who have seen me
* it's likely you will forget me
* it's likely that you don't know who I am
* it's likely that you will not sell to someone else my personal information or at least at any scale which is critical
* it's likely that you will share it with only a few people in a way which will not be identical to your experience.

All these *little* nuances have very strong consequences for the social glue.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software