From: Daniel Weitzner [mailto:djweitzner@csail.mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:29 AM
To: Joseph Alhadeff
Cc: Karl Dubost; Shane Wiley; Thomas Roessler; rob@blaeu.com; public-privacy@w3.org
Subject: Re: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

Joe, based on your understanding of the Commission and Parliament's deliberation, do you think they are likely to take up the suggestion from the ENISA report:

"- A possible pragmatic approach to assist with the enforcement of the right to be forgotten is to require search engine operators and sharing services within the EU to filter references to forgotten information stored inside and outside the EU region."

--

Daniel Weitzner <HYPERLINK "mailto:djweitzner@csail.mit.edu"djweitzner@csail.mit.edu>

Director, MIT Decentralized Information Group

MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab

32 Vassar St, 32-G516

Cambridge, MA 02139

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/