From: michael.oneill@baycloud.com
To: public-privacy@w3.org
CC: fredandw@live.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:30:20 +0000
Subject: RE: Children's online privacy.

Fred, I agree that child oriented UA s are needed, and this would tie in with a PUA remit by defining W3C recommended features. Also, the difficulty of assuming consent when the user is a child is another strong argument for privacy by default. I also think it would be a good idea to standardise capabilities to help parents restrict access to porn sites etc., either through blocking in a child oriented UA or (better) an explicit indication to websites of a child’s legal status (along with some future COPPA+ style legislation requiring websites to take notice). Mike From: Fred Andrews [mailto:fredandw@live.com]