Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

On 10/23/2012 12:50 PM, Ben Laurie wrote:
> On 23 October 2012 10:56, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
>> Ben Laurie wrote:
>>>
>>> b) Linkability it not, as you say, inherently bad. The problem occurs
>>> when you have (effectively) no choice about linkability.
>>

>> .. and when people convey or infer that there is no choice about
>> linkability, when there really is scope to be as unlinkable as one likes
>> within WebID.
>
> I have never disputed that - my point is that if I am as unlinkable as
> I like I then have a fairly horrific problem managing a large number
> of certificates and remembering which one I used where.

Wouldn't you say you have the same problem now with most, if not all
authentication protocols? I still think it's easier to manage 100s of
certificates compared to managing 100s of user/pass combinations.

If it is a UI issue, then it can be made more intuitive. From what you
say above, the WebID protocol itself is not the problem.

Andrei

P.S. I've been trying to follow this conversation and so far it's been a
pain in the @$$. W3C should have a way to separate threads based on
relevance to one's interests, otherwise it becomes very hard to be
productive when you have to read though so many emails daily.