Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:31:28 -0700
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
On 22 Oct 2012 08:14, "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 10/22/2012 04:04 PM, Henry

> I know WebID folks believe IDP = my homepage, but for most people IDP
would likely not be a homepage, but a major identity provider for which
data minimization principles should apply, including ownership of the
social network data of an individual and a history of their interactions
with every RP.

Is there some reason it is implausible to assume homepages will never be
backed by major identity providers? Specifically, user-controlled DNS
names, but resolving to more sophisticated hosting than old-style
homepages....

Dan