Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

From: David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@kent.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:18:41 +0100
To: Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>
CC: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, "Klaas Wierenga (kwiereng)" <kwiereng@cisco.com>, "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>, "public-philoweb@w3.org" <public-philoweb@w3.org>, "saag@ietf.org" <saag@ietf.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, "public-privacy@w3.org" <public-privacy@w3.org>
Hi Ben

I disagree. It depends upon your risk assessment. Your stand is like
saying TLS should be the substrate, not http. There are two alternative
viewpoints. You can either start with the lowest security/privacy and
add to it, or make the highest security/privacy the default and then
take from it. So you should not necessarily mandate that U-Prove/Idemix
are the default tokens, but rather only require them if your risk
assessment says privacy protection is essential

regards

David