RE: Fred Andrew's Review of 'Web Intenets' wrt covert sharing of UA state.

Thank you for following up.

Your answer was anticipated as I understand your concerns.  It is hard to
make a case for new specs to address the matter of the covert sharing of
UA state when there is no infrastructure in current JS based web standards
to protect against this.

Note that it is not such an issue with JS disabled, and currently social sharing
buttons generally work in such a context.

The Web Intents proposal has some features to like - being able to share client
side data via intents and allowing user choice of service.

I am working to address the issue of covert sharing of UA state and
perhaps when there is infrastructure on hand it will be possible to make a
better case for other specs to also consider the issue.

cheers
Fred