Re: Understanding Terms and Services

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:41:02 -0500
To: "Chappelle, Kasey, VF-Group" <Kasey.Chappelle@vodafone.com>

Le 9 mars 2012 à 14:59, Chappelle, Kasey, VF-Group a écrit :
> We're getting pretty far away from the original hypothetical,

ahah not fair. ;) I was not the one going on other territories.

> What Jux is able to aggregate is what they collect because you use the service

We don't know what they collect in the privacy policy.

> Jux already has that information because you've chosen to use the service.

Not exactly. :)

> a more complex privacy policy that no one will read.

Here it is interesting because it is an argument we see very often.

I agree with you that a too complex policy is not read. But there is a difference between give me a big giant blob of text and validating options step by step when progressively using the services. Here is a typical UX issue. :) The other reason why I'm doubtful about this "nobody will read" is that there is a shouting underline "We will not be able to do our business if people really knew" :) And that's telling. :)

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software