A nice rant on online advertisement

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:08:38 +0100
To: privacy <public-privacy@w3.org>
By Matt Asay in the Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/02/online_advertising_and_privacy/

A fun read for the Weekend, nothing new, but nicely wrapped. And I call it a
rant, because the ad industry can't really do something about it as they
advertise what their customers want them to advertise. This fact is
acknowledged, but yet in a way that is steamrolled by the main message that
ads don't provide interesting information.

In fact, Asay attacks the marketeers more than the online ad networks. And
this is an interesting turn in our current overall discussion.

Rigo