Re: Lightning talk at W3C camp

On 18 April 2012 15:00, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:
> Le 16 avr. 2012 à 18:42, Peter Kraker a écrit :
>> the notion that the (almost) total loss of privacy is inevitable.
>
> Then I'm curious about how you define privacy.

It would be helpful to distinguish offline and online aspects, at least.

I'm prepared to buy the scifi vision of little flying robotic bugs
with cameras streaming, recording, monitoring almost everything we do
in daily life. But I still expect it to be feasible to have a bug free
space somewhere where I can have unmonitored conversations with others
via the 'net. The 'privacy is dead, get over it' line risks having us
give up on the possibility for private online communication rather
prematurely.

Dan