Re: Policy languages for Digital Forensics

On Wednesday, 19 October 2011 at 14:56, Benjamin Aziz wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am interested in getting pointers to any research on policy languages for digital forensics, and whether there are any models, languages or technologies exist our there. The idea of a digital forensic policy is similar to a security policy, however it determines what is acceptable behaviour (access, usage etc.) at forensics analysis time, rather than at normal operational time of a digital resource. Such policies exist currently in the form of natural language guidelines (e.g. ACPO) for handling digital evidence, but I am not aware of any more technically enforceable policies (such as you would have XACML for managing security) and their infrastructures.

Maybe relevant:
Design and Analysis of Privacy Policies (http://www.adambarth.com/papers/thesis/)
Adam Barth, Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 2008

See also Adam's other publications, which may be relevant (or not:)):
http://www.adambarth.com/papers/