Re: Privacy alert: Verizon is now monitoring your mobile Web habits

* Steingruebl, Andy wrote:
>Do you know off the top of your head how many people are uniquely
>identifiable by just their zip+4?  Anyone?  I'm not asking in addition
>to other data, just about zip+4 btw.

There seem to be 125 million delivery points, 110 million households, 50
million ZIP+4 codes, and 30 million single person households. There are
around 70 million people who do not use the Internet like toddlers. Then
the upper bound should be somewhere broadly around 20% of the population
and the real figure is probably a low single digit percentage. Estimates
seem to be commercially available, but I couldn't find a proper study.
If the number of total codes is right, the most simplistic estimate is
50 million codes over 310 people = ~16.13% (all but one code is used to
uniquely identify someone and the rest has the remaining code).