Re: Do privacy promises follow corporate purchases?

On Monday 26 September 2011 08:54:51 Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
> i don't recall anyone from barnes and noble participating in the cpex
> work, so if their evaluation of the problem is that persistent
> association is "completely unrealistic", it may simply be due to a
> lack of awareness of prior art.

We can only speculate wheather the "unrealistic" is an expression of will or
an expression of lack of knowledge. I had hoped it would be lack of knowledge.
Note well that if they acquire some other entity subsequent to legal auction
as part of liquidization of a company that has gone out of business, usually
this procedure cuts out any rights of third parties. So if there is no privacy
legislation that covers the data, the contractual obligations and constraints
are lifted, which is not really what people intended in the first place.

Best,

Rigo