Re: UK commissioner has privacy suggestions, and supercookies in use

Hi Richard, Hi David,

I also believe that sounds quite reasonable to me.

If you consider that many folks use some form of content management framework or blog and I doubt that they really understand what is going on under the hood. You have to know the technology in a fair level of detail to understand what the implications of each and every plugin is (not mentioning that they get updated regularly or even reference JavaScript code hosted on some other site).

Once you use certain tools (e.g., analytics tools, and other forms of plugins) it is obviously difficult to switch to turn them off and use something else because you may need a fair amount of time to re-organize your site.

Ciao
Hannes