Re: WSJ - browser adoption of do not track

David,

while I agree that we should look forward

while I agree that we should not fall into the trap of an administrative data
protection bureaucracy

while adapting is good

I think Malcolm was addressing the things that could have been fixed already
10 years ago, but weren't because of the economic incentives involved. A pure
self regulation in this context carries the risk of a race to the bottom.
Regulation limits that bottom. But freeing market forces for a race to the top
would be the dream, a dream best vaguely described with "Privacy by design".
For the moment, we don't understand how to change the economic incentives.
That's an issue. But I find it very promising that the industry is back at the
table and is willing to explore privacy options.

Best,

Rigo