Re: FTC, White House urge Internet privacy measures - Post Tech - The Washington Post

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:41:09 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Hi Karl,

not being able to answer for Ed Felten, but noting nevertheless that we are
organizing http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/ in Princeton to find out more
along the lines of your question.

Note also that for Opera, there should be some interest as DNT would also
allow to organize the opt-out scenario of Directive 2002/58EC in its current
state (as changed by 2009/139EC). W3C tries already to bring the existing
global interest into the discussion. I think the contribution from Opera with
a European perspective will help the discussions a lot.

Best,

Rigo