Reciprocity of knowledge vs Power of abuse

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:38:36 -0400
Cc: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
I have seen this blog post of Edd Dumbill, and thought:

A reciprocity of knowledge doesn't remove the power of being able to abuse the knowledge. Not everyone is equal with the same knowledge.

The blog post:

    In eddology • by edd dumbill, I switched on…
    At http://eddology.com/post/4528170109/latitude-tracking

    I switched on the location history feature of
    Google Latitude on my Android phone. Not only do I
    get this astonishingly detailed timeline (this is
    one hour of errand-running in Sunday) but I can
    hit the “play” button and watch my trail acted
    out.
    This might seem creepy, until you realize your
    phone company and law enforcement agencies have
    access to this data whenever they want. So it’s
    only fair I should have access

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/