Privacy from a Web developers viewpoint

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:43:10 +0100
To: public-privacy@w3.org
Hi all,

I found
http://sixrevisions.com/usabilityaccessibility/privacy-and-the-user-experience/

This is a very nice article. One can directly see the US web developer
perspective taken. The author tries to be reasonable in the context of his
culture and he succeeds IMHO. He mainly rides on one of the core principles
of the OECD Privacy Guidelines: data minimization. Do we really need all that
data? Now?
But other principles valued very high by data protection professionals are
missing, like the principle of finality.

All in all a good article for our group to read as it shows the state of
the art in web development state and the large gap to the hard core EU
data protection folks.

Best,

Rigo