Re: NYTimes Article

Overall, I think this emphasizes what we said at the workshop about privacy and specifications.  We need to understand what the privacy implications are of doing a 'vanilla' implementation of e.g. a browser to our specifications.  What privacy consequences 'easily' or 'naturally' ensue for the user of that vanilla implementation?

Here, a more-than-vanilla browser with a 'private browsing' mode may find its private browsing mode compromised by supercookies or similar HTML-level behavior.

On Oct 12, 2010, at 14:31 , David Singer wrote:

> Looks like it's online here (and I am not a subscriber): http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/11/business/media/11privacy.html?_r=1&ref=technology
>
> On Oct 12, 2010, at 14:24 , Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group wrote:
>
>> Front page (at least front page of Herald Trib) this morning is an article on the privacy perils of "html5." Quoth Ian Jacobs: "there is no conspiracy." (Paraphrased.)
>>
>> Dan
>> --
>> Daniel Appelquist
>> Vodafone Group Research & Development