MAC addresses and privacy...

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:08:44 -0700
To: public-privacy@w3.org
I was actually quite disturbed when I entered the mac address of my *laptop* on this page:

http://www.samy.pl/mapxss/

and it got my location to within one house (i.e. it attributed it to the house next door).

This means anyone sniffing my mac address when I am traveling will have a pretty good idea of where I am from.  My iPhone's MAC address did not trace....

David Singer