W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-privacy@w3.org > July to September 2010

Re: Agenda for Social Web XG Meeting Sept 15th: Aza Raskin on Privacy Icons

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:47:34 +0100
Message-ID: <AANLkTikLUfpYHT0=KiLTqPT-ZThe4o_iR-tUWWf_8Vd6@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-privacy@w3.org
 FYI, we're seeing some convergence between the social web world and
the work done at the privacy workshop, so to hear more about privacy
icons from Aza, dial-in tomorrow (15:00 GMT,  7994# code, #swxg, more
details below). All of you are welcome to join this telecon. And
thanks to David Singer for pointing me to this list.

         cheers,
               harry

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
> Date: Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM
> Subject: Agenda for Social Web XG Meeting Sept 15th: Aza Raskin on
> Privacy Icons and final report wrap-up
> To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
>
>
> Everyone,
>
>   Tomorrow's meeting will have Aza Raskin on Mozilla's work with
> privacy icons that we've discussed some in the past. This work seeks
> to do for user privacy what Creative Commons Icons did and is a
> promising approach that we think other browsers and social sites may
> be interested in, and a crucial continuation of the "identity in the
> browser" and "browser as a social agent" discussion.
>
> Also, we're officially freezing the final report after the telecon
> tomorrow for a week - so all actions must be done or forever hold
> their piece. I'll finish up some of mine during the conversion from
> wiki to HTML.
>
> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
>
> SWXG WG Weekly
>
>    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2010-09-01T14:30-17:00GMT (See
>       your [3]local time, i.e. 16:00 London, 11:00 Boston)
>          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
>            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
>            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
>            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
>               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
>                 6665
>          + chair: hhalpin
>          + scribe: paul
>          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
>          + PROPOSED: to approve minutes from [10]Sept 1st meeting.
>          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. Sept 22nd (Infocards and
>            Higgins Project).
>    2. Final Report Action Apocalypse Final report wiki will be frozen
>       and worked into draft HTML document over next week after this
>       telecon by Harry. All incompleted actions will be terminated.
>       Then the following week, we will send report out to invited
>       speakers and then wider community for feedback.
>          + ACTION [DONE]: Mischa to put up wiki page about social
>            networks deploying these technologies. (i.e. reference the
>            one from GNU Social?)
>          + ACTION:DKA to shorten too long use-cases and see if he can
>            reference in SWAT test cases.
>          + ACTION: For diaspora to talk about being included in final
>            report (interoperable code-basess agreed to SWAT tests?).
>          + ACTION [DONE]: bblfish and mischa to write a new
>            introductory paragraph with definition of social web and
>            case for open-source/business use of standards.
>          + ACTION: MacTed to add to intro a "user story" of why
>            current approaches don't work.
>          + ACTION [DONE]: hhalpin to set up HTML5/Interaction domain
>            telecon before Sept.
>          + ACTION [DONE]: bblfish (and paul maybe?) flesh out and
>            draft identity section.
>          + ACTION: hhalpin and melvster to review activity standards
>          + ACTION [DONE]: venezia to do mobile paragraph
>          + ACTION: hhalpin to work on strategy document
>    3. Aza Raskin on Privacy Icons Discussion with [11]Aza Raskin
>       (Mozilla) to discuss [12]Privay Icons. Please read his
>       [13]position paper for the W3C workshop on privacy. How can this
>       work fit in with user preferences around "identity in the
>       browser"?
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
>      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2010-9-01/14:30/Next_teleconference
>      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
>      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
>      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
>      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
>      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
>      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
>     [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/01-swxg-minutes.html
>     [11] http://www.azarask.in/blog/
>     [12] http://www.drumbeat.org/project/privacy-icons
>     [13] http://www.w3.org/2010/api-privacy-ws/papers/privacy-ws-22.txt
>
Received on Tuesday, 14 September 2010 15:48:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:51 UTC