Re: Cookies - Raising Awareness

!

If I am asked 'do you want to accept this cookie?' I would immediately ask back 'what is it tracking?'.  I have no idea what the right answer is...

Turning off cookies is somewhat going completely incognito/untrackable;  kind of like wearing a stocking over your head, generic black pants and jacket, dark glasses, and doing all your transactions  using 'ransom notes' and unmarked, used, $10 bills.  it's a bit extreme.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 15:10 , David Rogers wrote:

> I tweeted this at the time from comedian Lee Mack, but it is really reflective on 99% of users:
>
> Most users do not have a clue .In the words of Lee Mack:"Have you tried disabling cookies?""Well, I once bit the legs off a gingerbread man"

David Singer