Re: Font feature switches

If I may be so blunt, the problems wrt lack of participation are certainly not lack of enthusiasm for the FO spec, or disinterest in programming to support it, but other things.

These include:

1) the ridiculous inability of W3C to separate what CSS should do and what FO should do;

2) the fact that (at least to a SME like me) it seems like W3C has lost interest in FO, generally, and that disheartens people;

3) related to point 2, the fact that XSL FO is barely advertised, whereas CSS is praised to the high heavens. Very few professional programmers I've met have ever even heard of XSL FO, but they all know about CSS. That is entirely the fault of W3C;

There is a lack of participation because - if I may be excused my blunt language - W3C appears not to give a damn about FO.

Regards, Arved