Re: XML Prague 2014 and XML London 2014 both have 'Publishing' topic/theme

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 20:23 +0000, Tony Graham wrote:
[...]
> It's difficult to find the calls for participation for past conferences,
> but IME it's been rare to have publishing as an explicit topic/theme for
> an XML conference in recent years, and possibly unprecedented for it to be
> a topic/theme for two in the same year.
I'd say that MarkupForum has had that theme for a while; I don't know
about XML London or XML Amsterdam, they aren't really on my radar
(should they be, I wonder?)

> I also can't find the XML Prague 2014 call for participation anymore, but
> note that the XML London 2014 call manages to not explicitly mention
> XSL-FO.

I think people are more interested in CSS + (X)HTML right now. That
doesn't (to me) say anything bad about XSL-FO, just that CSS + (X)HTML
is more fashionable and is clearly where the most energy is being spent.

Liam