Re: Does the Crystal Goblet apply?

At 2014-01-05 17:09 -0400, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>A sidenote: it's not actually necessary that XSL-FO need be
>generated from XML via XSLT. Liam already alluded to this:
>transformation from CSS to FO. In fact I could *directly* choose
>XSL-FO as a format that I wanted formatters to work with for printed
>material, and programs that produce FO from *any* source would work
>just as well. It's tunnel vision to think that your FO source needs
>to be XML via XSLT.

I've been trying for years to promote this concept, and back in 2002
posted a Python example in my free resources:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#dumpfo

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |