Re: AHF JobOptions for getting Area Tree

On Tue, February 25, 2014 11:07 am, practice innovation wrote:
> There is an optional parameter in die DotNet implementation for providing
> an
> AHF jobfile when getting the area tree.
>
> To get this run for testing one need to fit ppl-extension.xsl and call
> runahfdotnet:areaTree($fo-tree, $jobFile) instead of the current
> implementation. $jobFile is the full qualified path to the physical AHF
> job
> file.
>
> In some of my projects a lot of settings are excluded to such a file and
> are
> not part of the FO. Do you think it is a good idea having such a
> possibility?
>
> Is this a common feature which can be implemented for other processors,
> too?

It seems to me that other FO formatters may be able to use a config file
of some sort, so if the parameter is described as the fully qualified path
to a configuration/job file, then it's possible that other XSLT--XSL-FO
combinations could be extended to use the parameter, too.

Regards,

Tony.

Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming