Re: FO->Area as XSLT extension function

On Fri, March 22, 2013 2:47 am, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 08:14 PM, Tony Graham wrote:
>> I could use a xsl:message to output the height of the viewport, but I
>> couldn't easily get the size of any of the created fo:block.  When I
>> added
>> an @id to the source and modified the stylesheet to copy it into the FO,
>> it didn't show in the intermediate format file, which is going to make
>> things difficult since I've been figuring that one of the ways to avoid
>> having to do XPaths of the form:
>>
>>     document($url)/if:document/if:page-sequence[1]/if:page[1]/if:content[1]/if:viewport[1]/@height
>>
>> will be to insert IDs into the FO and use key() to look up based on the
>> ID.
> OK, so what I'll do is examine how to get an ID out into the rendered
> area tree. I agree that having to do what you just described is
> horrendous. Nice project for the weekend.

I would have thought that FOP would already be preserving IDs, otherwise
they'd have trouble with, e.g., fo:basic-link [2] with a FO document
that's written out to IF XML [1] and then read back in again.

Regards,

Tony.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/intermediate.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_basic-link