Re: FO->Area as XSLT extension function

On 03/11/2013 10:15 AM, Tony Graham wrote:
> On Fri, March 8, 2013 4:55 pm, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>> OK, this is helpful, thanks.
> Thank you for rising to the challenge.
>
>> No reason we can't return the complete document area tree *and* focus on
>> your problem of choice, one of the test documents can do almost nothing
>> else except have your table in a number of different sized pages.
> We may be surprised what people choose to try it on if it's available.
>
>> Agreed on having a common format area tree. I'll keep that in mind as I
>> code stuff up. Should also be able to do returning the area tree as a
>> document node and/or returning the URL for the XML.
>>
>> This is a good start, it's not overly ambitious and it helps work out
>> requirements.
> Simple is good at this point, and the URL of the processor-specific area
> tree XML would already be more than we've had before and would be
> sufficient to see whether the whole idea is useful.
>
> Regards,
>

> Tony.

I settled on simple. :-) This weekend I should finish (heck, maybe even
tonight), it's not actually a lot of work to return the FOP area tree
(Intermediate Format XML) as a URL. This won't require a new FOP
Renderer at all, no modifications to FOP, period.

I'll get this out there as a simple Saxon extension function, and only
after that will I dabble with returning a node-list...if things look
promising.

Arved