Re: FO->Area as XSLT extension function

On Fri, March 8, 2013 4:55 pm, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> OK, this is helpful, thanks.

Thank you for rising to the challenge.

> No reason we can't return the complete document area tree *and* focus on
> your problem of choice, one of the test documents can do almost nothing
> else except have your table in a number of different sized pages.

We may be surprised what people choose to try it on if it's available.

> Agreed on having a common format area tree. I'll keep that in mind as I
> code stuff up. Should also be able to do returning the area tree as a
> document node and/or returning the URL for the XML.
>
> This is a good start, it's not overly ambitious and it helps work out
> requirements.

Simple is good at this point, and the URL of the processor-specific area
tree XML would already be more than we've had before and would be
sufficient to see whether the whole idea is useful.

Regards,

Tony.